Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Silver Falls Loop 7/31/11

Hike Destination#5: Silver Falls in Silverton, OR
Distance: 8.5 miles round trip (we only did 4 miles this time)
Hike Time: ~ 2.5 Hours

So here we are again. It's been a few weeks since I've gone hiking, so this was a bit hard to get through. Keep in mind that I'm not much of an active person, so my point of view on difficulty might be much different than yours. I've done the entire hike before, but as mentioned above, we were able to get through two miles of the hike. That is, two miles in, but two miles to get back. There are a total of 10 gorgeous running waterfalls that you have to see here. The first water fall is breathtaking! It is located relatively close to the entrance. This particular waterfall, and a few others on the trail, you're able to walk behind. I believe the first water fall on the trail is the largest of the 10.

I didn't get a chance to take pictures this time. But here are some pictures of when I visited this place back in 2009.








No comments:

Post a Comment